Safety, Health, Environment & Quality (SHEQ) Manager
Salary circa £30k per annum + benefits
Two sites, next to Birmingham Airport & Tamworth
Based in Elmdon with travel to Tamworth
SHEQ Manager Benefits:
• Excellent salary: £30k pa + Benefits
• Easily commutable location by Train / Bus
• Growing company with genuine career progression opportunities
• Company pension
Our client is a specialist logistics business that offers services to two market sectors: Aerospace and Fulfillment. In Aerospace we manage the logistics of the supply chain for some of major OEMs, whilst in Fulfillment we provide third-party warehousing and distribution.
We provide innovative supply chain management and logistical services to the aerospace manufacturing industry, including high profile clients such as Rolls Royce.
Due to further expansion, we are now looking for a Safety, Health, Environment & Quality (SHEQ) Manager to further enhance our team. Based across 2 sites in Elmdon (Birmingham Airport) with travel to our site in Tamworth.
Responsibilities for a Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Manager:
• Provide the Directors with advice and recommendations to uphold standards required for all health, safety, quality and environmental standards, advising changes in relevant legislation.
• Establish, manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training and systems in line with current management systems across each of the Company’s sites.
• Facilitating all forms of instruction and training required and carry out annual reviews on Health & Safety, Quality and Environmental Systems.
• Ensuring the retention of all attained certifications, i.e. BSI Certification.
• Provision of emergency procedures, first-aid facilities, safety signs, relevant protective clothing and equipment, and incident reporting to the relevant authorities.
• Ensure the workplace satisfies health, safety and welfare requirements for ventilation, temperature, lighting, sanitary, washing and rest facilities?
• Implement and manage systems to minimise risks throughout the Company’s sites and at our customer’s sites?
• Surveillance and reporting on health and safety practices and systems?
Attributes of a SHEQ Manager:
• Able to lead and mentor a team to achieve Health & Safety goals and outcomes.
• A great communicator with strong negotiation skills to create and maintain productive working relationships with customers and suppliers.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and influence others through listening and persuasion.
• Be customer-orientated with a firm belief that customers and customer satisfaction are the foundations of success.
• The ability to establish relationships with, and influence, complex networks of others whose cooperation is needed for the success of the business.
• A flexible mindset - the ability to change and adapt procedures for the continuous improvement of business.
• Results driven, having the ability to follow through a course of action to achieve specific goals and objectives
• An analytical thinker – the ability to use and interpret information, think things through logically in order to make decisions.
• High self-confidence, derived from understanding your own abilities and qualities and, thus, providing a high level of self-assurance and confidence to others.
SHEQ Manager preferred skills:
• Use of Microsoft 365, Excel (intermediary) and Outlook
• A knowledge and understanding of Lean Six Sigma / Kaizan desirable
• NEBOSH General Certification
If you feel you have the right skills and attributes for this exciting opportunity, please apply with your CV for an in-depth conversation with our Recruitment Manager.