Are you a Support Worker looking to develop your career?
Do you love supporting and inspiring people?
Do you want to earn a better salary?
We are excited to find our next Senior Support Worker or Team Leader for our Coventry residential home for young people with learning disabilities with associated complex needs. We offer the following package:
• £9.50 - £9.80 per hour (£19,760 - £20,384 per annum)
• £27 sleep-in allowance
• Various shifts: 07:00 to 15:00 and 14:45 to 23:00 (Sleepovers 23:00 to 07:00) including weekends and bank holiday
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Paid, comprehensive training
• Meals and drinks while on shift
• Free parking onsite
Our ambitious and energetic colleagues help make our company what it is and we are looking for more people who have got what it takes. The environment we work in can be challenging so the people that join us need to have a passion for the work we do and be strong role models for the young people we support.
Due to the current needs of this particular home we are seeking a Team Leader with a Level 3 in Residential Childcare or equivalent and have at least two years working with young people with disabilities in any setting and one year working in a residential setting.
Our residential children’s home is situated in Coventry. It’s a 4 bedroom home for males and females aged 10-18 with Learning Disabilities/Autism primary diagnoses, with other complex needs associated. The home seeks to provide a safe and understanding ethos in which the young person can be assisted to grow and develop skills.
As a Senior Support Worker you’ll be doing the following:
• Supporting the management to run a successful staff team and all day to day operations of the home.
• To assist the management team with the supervisions of junior staff
• Inducting new staff into the homes procedure and culture.
• Ensuring the highest standards of care in relation to the young people’s physical, behavioural and emotional needs.
• Assist management with the writing and maintaining of placement and risk management plans, review reports etc.
• Be the young person’s champion and as part of the wider team strive to ensure that they achieve their aspirations and full potential.
• Manage the well-being and behaviour of young people ensuring behaviours are addressed promptly and sensitively.
• Support young people in daily activities include family contacts, shopping, outdoor and indoor activities, and community youth groups, promoting independence and social behaviour.
• Support and encourage educational engagement.
• Safeguard both young people, staff and the general public.
• You will be assigned a key child and play a pivotal role in their day to day life including attending reviews and liaising with external agencies.
• Support Senior Management with Weekend On Call
As a Senior Support Worker, in our home you can expect to work a variety of shifts that include evenings, sleepovers, weekends and bank holidays.
If you are ready to step up your career, then apply today and come and meet our fantastic residential team in Coventry.