Updated 1st April 2018
What is a cookie?
Session Cookies are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the Site.
Persistent Cookies remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie). When we use session cookies to track the total number of visitors to our Site, this is done on an anonymous aggregate basis (as cookies do not in themselves carry any personal data). We may also employ cookies so that we remember your computer when it is used to return to the Site to help customise your Jobs.co.uk web experience. We may associate personal information with a cookie file in those instances.
Your Preferences & User Experience
Testing, Usability, and Performance Improvement Purposes
Managing cookies in your browser
Use the options in your web browser if you do not wish to receive a cookie or if you wish to set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. You can easily delete and manage any cookies that have been installed in the cookie folder of your browser by following the instructions provided by your particular browser manufacturer.
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Safari (Desktop)
- Safari (Mobile)
- Android Browser
- Opera Mobile
If your browser is not listed here, consult the documentation that your particular browser manufacturer provides. You may also consult your mobile device documentation for information on how to disable cookies on your mobile device. If you disable all cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of this Site.
In addition, Jobs.co.uk may also provide an employer with code for a Conversion Tracker to place on its Site that pings the job seeker web beacon and tracks whenever a job seeker has applied to a job on that employer’s website. This Conversion Tracker will attribute an application to Jobs.co.uk any time the job seeker started their search on Jobs.co.uk, despite any intervening activity. Jobs.co.uk does not and cannot collect any of the job seeker’s personally identifiable information and does not have access to the cookies in the employer’s domain. The Conversion Tracker is simply a counter that notifies Jobs.co.uk that a job seeker has applied.
Jobs.co.uk and Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to our Site. This means that vendors including Google will display Jobs.co.uk promotional material on other sites you visit across the Internet.
You may opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertisers including AdWords and opt-out of customized Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager. To provide website visitors more choice on how their data is collected by Google Analytics, Google has developed an Opt-out Browser add-on, which is available by visiting Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on, to enable you to opt-out of Google’s programs.
Updated 31st October 2018
We take data protection very seriously and understand the importance of protecting your privacy and Personal Information. "Personal Information" is information that identifies you as an individual such as your name, date of birth, email address, IP address and CV.
How do we collect information from you?
Please do not submit such Personal Information to us if you do not wish us to collect it.
However, please be aware, some Personal Information may include information you voluntarily, but unintentionally provided to us (for example, if you express preferences regarding searches for jobs related to trade unions).
We also collect from:
• our websites (the "Websites");
• the software applications made available by us for use on or through computers and mobile devices (the "Apps");
• cookies ("Cookies");
• publically available information; and
• other tools and applications (our "Online Content").
What Personal Information do we collect?
Personal Information we collect about you may include the following:
• General identification and contact information: your name; address; email; IP address; telephone details; gender; marital status; family status; date and place of birth; physical attributes including photos
• Other sensitive information: trade union membership, religious beliefs, political opinions or racial or ethical origin, and criminal record.
• Information enabling us to provide products and services: age, location, whether or not you hold a driving licence that enable identification of job search (for example, post code or job role)
• Marketing preferences: enter a contest or prize draw or other sales promotion, or respond to a voluntary customer satisfaction survey
• Statistical information: aggregate statistical information about site visitors and users for internal use and for other lawful purposes eg. Salary averages. We provide this information to customers, advertisers, suppliers and other reputable third parties. Where we provide such information we will provide this in an anonymous format and not include any Personal Information.
• Information from Apps: submit comments to the Site, participate in message boards, blogs, send us emails or any other user generated content facility
• Publically available information in relation to professional history: educational background; employment history; skills and experience; professional licenses and affiliations; educational and professional qualifications
What legal basis do we rely on to process your Personal Information?
On some occasions, Jobs.co.uk processes your data with your consent. For example, we rely on consent when we send promotional material or when you link your Jobs.co.uk account to your Social Network account. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
• The processing is necessary to fulfil a contract
Jobs.co.uk may process your data when we need to do this to fulfil a contract with you, such as to send your CV to an employer or recruiter for a specific job application.
• Legitimate Interest
Jobs.co.uk also processes your data when it is in our legitimate interests to do this and when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights.
Our legitimate interests include:
• ensuring the security and integrity of our Services and in ensuring that our Websites and Apps operate effectively;
• selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
• protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
• promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
• sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers;
• understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
• improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
• handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes; and
• fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
• the processing is necessary because of a legal obligation that applies
Jobs.co.uk may process your data to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations eg preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies
Who do we share your Personal Information with?
Jobs.co.uk may make Personal Information available to:
• Our group companies
• Recruiters and other agents
In the course of our business to help you search for and get a job, Jobs.co.uk may make Personal Information available to third parties such as recruiters and other intermediaries and agents and other business partners.
• Our service providers
This includes external third-party service providers, such as accountants, auditors, experts, lawyers and other outside professional advisors; IT systems, support and hosting service providers; printing, advertising, marketing and market research and analysis service providers; document and records management providers; technical engineers; data storage and cloud providers and similar third-party vendors and outsourced service providers that assist us in carrying out business activities.
• Governmental authorities and third parties involved in court action
Jobs.co.uk may share Personal Information with governmental or other public authorities (including, but not limited to, workers’ compensation boards, courts, law enforcement, tax authorities and criminal investigations agencies); and third-party civil legal process participants and their accountants, auditors, lawyers and other advisors and representatives as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our group companies; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and that of our group companies, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit our damages.
• Other third parties
Occasionally, we may share Personal Information with other third parties. We will always do this under contract and in accordance with your instructions.
How we use Personal Information?
We use Personal Information to do some or all of the following:
• Communicate with you as part of our business;
• Send you important information regarding changes to our policies, other terms and conditions, the Jobs.co.uk Website and App and other administrative information;
• Provide improved quality, training and security and manage other commercial risks;
• Carry out market research and analysis, including satisfaction surveys;
• Provide marketing information to you (including information about other products and services offered by selected third-party partners) in accordance with preferences you have expressed. Please be aware you can always change these at My Account;
• Personalise your experience on the Jobs.co.uk Website and App by presenting information and advertisements tailored to you;
• Allow you to participate in contests, prize draws and similar promotions, and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional terms and conditions, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information, so we suggest that you read these carefully;
• Facilitate social media sharing functionality;
• Manage our infrastructure and business operations, and comply with internal policies and procedures, including those relating to auditing; finance and accounting; billing and collections; IT systems; data and website hosting; business continuity; and records, document and print management;
• Resolve complaints, and handle requests for data access or correction;
• Comply with applicable laws and regulatory obligations (including laws outside your country of residence), such as those relating to anti-money laundering and anti-terrorism; comply with legal process; and respond to requests from public and governmental authorities (including those outside your country of residence);
• Establish and defend legal rights; protect our operations or those of any of our group companies or insurance business partners, our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our group companies, you or others; and pursue available remedies or limit our damages.
International Transfers of Personal Information
Personal Information which you supply to us is generally stored and kept inside the European Economic Area.
How can you manage or delete Personal Information?
When you access our website online, we store some information about you. This is anonymous and used for statistical purposes.
When you create an account and log-in to your 'My Account' area, it is protected by your password and may only be accessed by you. You can manage the content and information in your Account at any time, by logging in to your "My Account".
Your CV can be viewed by Jobs.co.uk customers. Further, when your profile is searchable your application activity (eg. number of applications, job titles, locations & salaries) will be visible to Jobs.co.uk customers. This is also the default setting.
Please note that Jobs.co.uk reserves the right to remove from our database, CVs which include any content that we consider to be illegal or offensive. We will respect the choices you make to limit sharing or visibility settings in your "My Account".
You can de-activate or delete your account at any time, make your profile anonymous or choose to not make your profile searchable. To de-activate, please go to your "My Account".
However, if you would like to permanently delete your account, you can send an email to our Data Protection Officer (DPO) (see below) with the subject line "Permanently delete my information and account". Please do not forget to tell us who you are.
Jobs.co.uk is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure from unauthorised access to or unauthorised alterations, disclosure or destruction of information that we hold.
Our security measures include: -
• encryption of our services and data;
• review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures;
• restrict access to personal access to personal information to Jobs.co.uk employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us and who are subject to contractual confidentiality and processing obligations. They may be disciplined or their contract terminated if they fail to meet these obligations; and
• internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
Additional Services for Website and App
• Location based services
If you use the Jobs.co.uk App we will ask you if you want to use our geolocation service. This service is provided by Adobe Systems Software Ireland Limited. Based on your mobile phone GPS signal it allows us to identify your location. We will use this information to provide you with job offers close to you and to improve our Products and Services. In no case will we merge such information with any personally identifiable information. We will at no times be able to connect you personally in connection with the respective location. You may at any stage opt out of location tracking by changing the App settings. However, you will also lose the location supported product functionality as well.
For further information about Adobe and their service please visit:
• Push notifications
If you use the Jobs.co.uk Website or App, you may also consent to push notifications, text messages, alerts, emails or other types of messages directly sent to you outside or inside of the Jobs.co.uk App to your mobile device or desktop browser. If you declare your consent to receive such messages a device token will be generated, which will be associated with your device.
You can opt out from receiving such messages by changing the settings of your device.
• Online drives
If you enable us, we access the following Services for the limited purpose of helping us to upload or otherwise access your CV, cover letters or any other documents you provide us to assist you apply for jobs. The Services we use are:
• Google Cloud
We will ask for your consent before using information for any purpose other.
Marketing and Advertising
• Online Behavioural Advertising
You have the following rights:
• the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law (currently £10);
• the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and
• (as set out above) the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
Children and minors
Jobs.co.uk is not directed towards individuals under the age of eighteen (18), however we are aware due to the nature of some of the job offerings, those between 14 and 18 may use the Services.
Individuals under the age of thirteen (13) are expressly prohibited from using Jobs.co.uk Website and App, unless parental consent is provided and we are notified.
Third Party Privacy Practices
Please note that although we require customers who use our services, such as employers seeking to recruit staff, to agree to use the information made available solely for recruitment-related purposes, we do not control their use of any information that they have access to as part of receiving our services. Please be aware your current employer may be a customer of Jobs.co.uk , or a client of one of our job boards in our group. Although it is a requirement of our Contract and Terms and Conditions of Jobs.co.uk and other job boards not to use Personal Information for any purpose other than to obtain a job, we cannot restrict the customers who access profiles on our database and cannot be held responsible for any eventuality. As part of the registration process Jobs.co.uk offers you the option of remaining anonymous.
Who to contact about your Personal Information
The data controller responsible for your information is Jobs.co.uk .
If you have any questions about this policy or our use of your Personal Information you can email: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the Data Protection Officer, Jobs4UK Ltd. Network House, Hagley Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham. B16 8LB. If you do not think we are handling your Personal Information adequately, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, are available at https://ico.org.uk - our ICO Registration number is: Z2125234
The Site is operated by Jobs4UK Ltd. Network House, Hagley Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham. B16 8LB. Registered number: 07067723. Registered address is at Meriden Hall, Main Road, Meriden, Warwickshire, CV7 7PT
Updated 1st April 2018
Terms and Conditions
Unless indicated to the contrary, all materials on this site are the copyright of Jobs4UK Ltd
Jobs4UK Ltd is the owner of the Trade Marks appearing on this website and all associated Trade Marks and logos unless indicated to the contrary.
Use of User Information or Material.
Jobs4UK Ltd authorises you to view and download a single copy of the user information or material on Jobs4.co.uk solely for your personal, non-commercial use. The contents of this Web Site, such as text, graphics, images, logos, button icons, software and other information or material is the property of Jobs4UK Ltd or its or clients. Unauthorised use of the Material may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws. The use of the Material on any other web site or in a networked computer environment for any purpose is prohibited. You shall not copy or adapt the HTML code that Jobs4.co.uk creates to generate its pages. It is also protected by Jobs4UK Ltd copyright.
Users may not use the Web Site in order to transmit, distribute, store or destroy material (a) in violation of any applicable law or regulation, (b) in a manner that will infringe the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights of others or violate the privacy, publicity or other personal rights of others, or (c) that is defamatory, obscene, threatening, abusive or hateful. Users are prohibited from: (a) accessing data not intended for such user or logging into a server or account which the user is not authorised to access, (b) deleting or revising any material posted by any other person or entity, (c) using any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Web Site or any activity being conducted on this site (d) if you have a password allowing access to a non-public area of this Web Site, disclosing to or sharing your password with any third parties or using your password for any unauthorised purpose. Employers and Recruiters using Jobs4.co.uk agree to pay the relevant fees quoted on the website or advised by Jobs4UK Ltd plus VAT at the prevailing rate. If electing to pay by invoice the user agrees to pay each invoice within 14 days of the date of invoice. Jobs4UK Ltd reserves the right to charge interest at the rate of 4% above the base rate of HSBC Bank in force from time to time from 14 days after the date of invoice.
When you register with Jobs4.co.uk you will be asked to provide certain information including, without limitation, a valid email address (your "Information"). In addition to the terms and conditions that may be detailed on this page and in the privacy statement, you understand and agree that the Jobs4.co.uk may disclose to third parties, on an anonymous basis or otherwise, certain information contained in your registration application.
By registering with Jobs4UK Ltd you agree to have your CV and personal details passed to our clients and partners; this includes Recruitment Consultancies, Recruitment Agencies, Direct Employers and other Job Boards. Jobs4UK Ltd may also disclose your name, address, e-mail address or telephone number where appropriate to comply with applicable laws or in legal proceedings where such information is relevant. As a user, you are responsible for your own communications and are responsible for the consequences of their posting. You must not, and by using this Web Site you agree not to, do the following things: post material that is copyrighted, unless you are the copyright owner or have the permission of the copyright owner to post it; post material that reveals trade secrets, unless you own them or have the permission of the owner; post material that infringes on any other intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy or publicity rights of others; post material that is obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful, or embarrassing to another user or any other person or entity; post a sexually-explicit image or statement; post advertisements or solicitations of business.
Jobs4UK Ltd does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of communications posted by users or endorse any opinions expressed by users. You acknowledge that any reliance on material posted by other users will be at your own risk.
Jobs4UK Ltd has no liability or responsibility to users for performance or non-performance of such activities. By submitting content to any public or non-public area of the Web Site you permit any subscriber to access, display, view, store and reproduce such content for personal use. Subject to the foregoing, the owner of such content placed on the Web Site retains any and all rights that may exist in such content.
The Liabilities of Jobs4UK Ltd.
Jobs4.co.uk is the web presence of Jobs4UK Ltd and acts as a venue for employers and recruiters to post job opportunities and candidates to post CV's and does not screen or censor the listings offered. Jobs4UK Ltd is not involved in the actual transaction between employers and candidates. As a result, Jobs4UK Ltd has no control over the quality, safety or legality of the jobs or CV's posted, the truth or accuracy of the listings, the ability of employers to offer job opportunities to candidates or the ability of candidates to fill job openings.
You assume all risks associated with dealing with other users with whom you come in contact through Jobs4.co.uk. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more users, you release Jobs4UK Ltd (and our agents and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential, direct and indirect) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes. The Material may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors.
Jobs4UK Ltd makes no representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the Web Site or the Material. The use of the Web Site and the Material is at your own risk. You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for the form, content and accuracy of any CV or material contained therein placed by you on the Web Site. Employers are solely responsible for their postings on the Web Site.
JOBS4UK LTD DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE WEB SITE WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE WEB SITE AND ITS SERVER ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL MECHANISMS. IF YOUR USE OF THE WEB SITE OR THE MATERIAL RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING OR REPLACING EQUIPMENT OR DATA, JOBS4UK LTD IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE COSTS. THE WEB SITE AND MATERIAL ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. JOBS4UK LTD, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. JOBS4UK LTD MAKES NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF THE MATERIAL, SERVICES, SOFTWARE, TEXT, GRAPHICS, AND LINKS.
Disclaimer of Consequential Damages.
IN NO EVENT SHALL JOBS4UK LTD, ITS SUPPLIERS, OR ANY THIRD PARTIES MENTIONED ON THE WEB SITE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEB SITE AND THE MATERIAL, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT JOBS4UK LTD IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Links to Other Sites.
The Web Site contains links to third party web sites. These links are provided as a service and not as an endorsement by Jobs4.co.uk of the contents on such third-party Web sites. Jobs4UK Ltd is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third party Web sites. If you decide to access linked third party Web sites, you do so at your own risk.