Due to expansion a position has opened up for an experienced Senior Building project Manager. If your looking for a fast paced, vibrant and fast growing and established building control company to work with. This could be the role for you!
To assist and support the Director/Manager responsible for the office by providing efficient and effective management of local resources with regard to approved inspector operations in line with the Company’s aims and objectives and the Building (approved inspector etc.) Regulations 2000 and amendments thereafter to meet and exceed client expectations.
Senior Project Management Duties
1. To assist with the smooth operation of the offices for which the manager has a responsibility.
2. Assist in analysis of workload within allocated office.
3. Responsibility for operational control of the customer base.
4. To develop business opportunities and market the services offered by the company.
5. To be fully conversant with all relevant legislation and ensure that construction procedures are updated accordingly.
6. To give support, supervision, training and guidance to staff within their remit of control.
7. Participate in interviews for new staff as appropriate.
8. To assist with the 6 monthly / annual appraisals for building control admin staff within location.
9. Authorisation of annual leave, expenses etc. for administration staff within location.
General Project Management Duties
10. Maintain a portfolio of projects for the client base.
11. Vet all new commissions/plans to ensure compliance with Building Regulations and associated statutory legislation.
12. Carry out all relevant inspections on site to ensure compliance with Building Regulations and associated statutory legislation.
13. Provide technical advice and guidance to clients, i.e. architects, builders, etc. on building control matters.
14. Consult with the Fire Authorities and other statutory bodies as necessary.
15. To hold full membership of RICS, ABE or equivalent (or qualified by suitable experience) ensuring CPD requirements are met thereafter to broaden and develop skills.
16. To comply with those functions outlined in the Quality Manual for approved inspector services and site inspection, i.e. Initial and Final Notices, etc.
17. Ensure records and filing are maintained to ensure the Company’s quality procedures, service levels and contractual requirements are being met.
18. To communicate effectively (verbally, writing, electronically) to meet the job purpose.
19. Maintain a positive team environment to promote the overall interests of the company without regard to sectional or divisional boundaries.
20. To ensure that when entering site all Health & Safety regulations are strictly complied with and that all protective/safety equipment is fully utilised.
21. To operate within this vibrant company's terms & conditions, policies and quality assurance system.
22. To undertake other duties, within the competence of the post holder, as may be reasonably required from time to time.
If you believe you have the qualities to succeed in this challenging but rewarding environment then we would love to here from you.
This employer is an equal opportunites and diversity employer
Please contact James for an open discussion to apply for the Role