Administrative Officer supporting day to day operations in a fast paced biotech company.
Reporting to The Operations Director, the role will deliver key administrative support across all areas of company activity, offering the successful applicant the opportunity to use and develop skills in a broad and diverse role in a small, innovative and exciting organisation.
The Operations Administrative Officer (OAO) will report to the Operations Director in providing support in all administrative related activities to assist day to day running of the company. The role will perform activities under the supervision of the line manager and in direct support to the Founding Directors as and when required.
Specific responsibilities of the post
1. Administer all activities associated with the day to day running of the Company, including; word processing, meetings and events administration, delegate communications, distribution of materials, co-ordination of schedules and calendars, printing and filing.
2. Being first point of contact for all visitors and callers both in person and via telephone.
3. Contribute to other projects within the Company and perform other tasks as required by the Operations Director.
1. Previous relevant administrative experience.
2. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both spoken and written English); the ability to build effective working relationships with a wide range of individuals such as senior academics, and Company Directors.
3. Ability to manage conflicting deadlines and prioritise work effectively; to work independently and to use initiative to resolve day to day administrative problems
4. Ability to work to a high level of accuracy and with good attention to detail.
5. Experience within a customer-facing role, especially within marketing, public relations or a similar field.
6. Ability to work effectively and flexibly within a team.
7. High levels of computer literacy (familiarity with MS Office or comparable software for word processing and spreadsheet work, and experience of using a database).
1. An understanding of social media practise and principles
2. Experience of using SAGE or similar financial management programmes
3. Experience of website design and/or web editing.
4. Ability to use desktop publishing software such as Microsoft Publisher.
How to apply
If you would like to apply, please send your CV, along with a supporting statement/covering letter, outlining why you are the candidate for this role. The supporting statement must explain how you meet each of the selection criteria for the post using examples of your skills and experience. This may include experience gained in employment, education, or during career breaks (such as time out to care for dependants).
Your application will be judged solely on the basis of how you demonstrate that you meet the selection criteria stated in the job description.
Please send your application, via email, to:
Please upload all documents as PDF files with your name and the document type in the filename.
Please provide details of two referees and indicate whether we can contact them now.
All applications must be received by 9am on Tuesday 8 May 2018.
Please note that the appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to standard pre- employment screening, as applicable to the post. This will include right-to-work, proof of identity and references.
Equality of Opportunity
Entry into employment with Celleron Therapeutics Limited and progression within employment will be determined only by personal merit and the application of criteria which are related to the duties of each particular post and the relevant salary structure. In all cases, ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
No applicant or member of staff shall be discriminated against because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Benefits of working at Celleron Therapeutics and Oxford Science Park
Magdalen Centre facilities
The Magdalen Centre houses a wonderful restaurant and coffee bar serving hot and cold meals from breakfast time through to mis afternoon.
There is a pre-school nursery situated on the Science Park which offers extensive childcare services within a few minute walk of the Magdalen Centre.
For full details including how to apply and the costs, see http://theoldstationnursery.co.uk/our-nurseries/oxford/
Nearby Fitness Facilities
The Science Park is adjacent to the Kassam Stadium site which houses a number of leisure facilities and a fitness centre, all within easy walking distance of the Magdalen Centre.